I used eclipse IDE for creating my working environment.
- Download eclipse. if you want old version visit this site http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/. unzipped that zip file into your desired location. i used here eclipse v3.4.1.
- Download tomcat. i used tomcat 5.27 (Windows Service Installer). during installation set the jre path. I guess you have already installed jdk 1.4 or later. install tomcat plugins: download plugins from http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/plugins/tomcat-launcher.html. here you can get some installment information too.
Now run the tomcat server and check this address – http://localhost:8080. you can change the port number by editing tomcat-home/conf/server.xml file.
- After install tomcat plugins restart your the eclipse by execute the following commands.
command prompt > eclipse -clean
Now you can see tomcat in eclipse. Before using the plugin, you must set Tomcat home : Window > Preferences, select Tomcat and set the Tomcat version and Tomcat home fields.
- Ant : download ant. unzipped your desired location. update your computer env path.click win-key + pause/break key and click Advance tab and select environment variables. create new system variable –
ANT_HOME=D:/ Development Tools/Java/apache-ant-1.7.0-bin
update path variable
PATH= …..;D:/Development Tools/Java/apache-ant-1.7.0-bin/bin
Ensure these two environment variable are set by typing following on command prompt
lets check is it installed. open command prompt -> ant press enter. it shows-Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!. that means it is works.
lets configure eclipse ant. Click Windose -> Prefreneces -> Ant (Runtime) select Classpath tab. now click Ant Home button and set the ant home location.
- Download Maven.Unzip the maven download to your computer: D:/Development Tools/Java/maven-2.0.9. update your computer env path.click win-key + pause/break key and click Advance tab and select environment variables. create new system variable –
update path variable
PATH= …..;D:/Development Tools/Java/maven-2.0.9/bin Ensure these two environment variable are set by typing following on command prompt
type in command prompt ->mvn –version . if this command shows its version that means it works.
You can install maven plugins. use http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/update/ this link for install this plugin (read the following paragraph for how to install plugins).
please use this link -http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update/ this is more update than http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/update/
- Click help menu of eclipse and select software update. select available software tab and click add site button. put http://springide.org/updatesite value into location and press OK. after restart you eclipse you will get spring features. lets check is it installed. Press ctrl+N , type spring into new wizard text field then you can see spring tree.
- SVN: you can download svn client version.
for plugings -Click help menu of eclipse and select software update. select available software tab and click add site button. put http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.0.x value into location and press OK.
or visit this page – http://subclipse.tigris.org/
after restart you eclipse click window->open perspective->other you will see SVN Repository Exploring.
Note – for unzipped i used 7-Zip software this is free.